|Date : ||October 26th, 2011|
|Title : ||Expert for conformity assessment, technical regulations & Standardisation|
|Industry type :||Special Agency for Internationalization|
|Type of job :||Full time|
|Work Location :||Beijing|
|Salary Range :||07 - Salary Not Indicated|
|Company Info :||The EU SME Centre functions as a Support Service Provider for European SMEs. Specifically, the Centre assists SMEs to establish, develop and maintain commercial activities in the Chinese market – through export and/or investment – by providing support through inter alia the provision of information, matchmaking and networking events and acting as a platform facilitating coordination amongst Member State services and private sector service providers to European SMEs, particularly at the crucial early stages of their market penetration strategy.
The EU SME Centre is operated by a consortium of European Chambers of Commerce, led by the China-Britain Business Council and includes the Benelux, French, German, Italian and Spanish Chambers in Beijing, as well as the European Union Chamber of Commerce in China and Eurochambres.
Back to job offer list
|Qualifications and Educations :|
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent computer skills
• Preferably experience in working successfully in multi-cultural teams
• Relevant experience in overseas assignments in developing and/or transitional economies
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Fluency in English
• Ability to communicate in Chinese and one or more of the different EU languages.
Specific qualifications and skills
• Ability to provide information and impartial advice on Chinese technical regulations, conformity assessment and standardisation issues.
• Ability to explain to SME non-expert staff members Chinese Standardisation and Conformity Assessment issues relevant to them for exporting to or investing in the Chinese market.
• Ability to communicate convincingly to a wide range of contacts and abilities.
• Capability to absorb, analyse and report clearly on complex standardisation and conformity assessment issues.
• University degree in a discipline relevant to the scope of this assignment.
• Ability to work effectively with representatives of SMEs, Chambers of Commerce, business associations, government officials, etc.
• Ability to work in a team of international and national Consultants.
• Experience liaising and working closely together with other experts from Europe and other countries specialising in the same field and in particular with the Seconded European Standardisation Expert for China (SESEC).
• Strong understanding of the Chinese government structure as well as Chinese private sector
• Project management capacity an asset, ideally with knowledge of EC procedures in particular related to service contracts.
• Preferably 10 years of relevant working experience, minimum of 5 years
• Solid understanding of the Chinese business environment in the context of standardisation and conformity assessment
• Experience supervising the establishment and/or maintenance of an up-to-date knowledge database on standards relevant to European SMEs wishing to export to or invest in the Chinese market is an asset
• Industrial working experience with China is an advantage, in particular conformity assessment, technical regulations and/or standards-related work.
• Experience taking part in relevant policy dialogues between the EU and China to obtain SME relevant information would be an asset.
Salary commensurate with experience
Interested candidates are encouraged to send an application including cover letter and CV in English by November 6, 2011 to email@example.com
|Job Description :|
|The Centre is now looking for an “Expert for conformity assessment, technical regulations & Standardisation” for its office in Beijing.|
This technical expert will have a sound knowledge and understanding of conformity assessment issues, technical regulations and standardisation in the context of exports/business development, with possible exposure to the Chinese/Asian environment in this particular area of expertise. He/she will have likely had experience working in a national or European standardisation body.