On the evening of January 10th 2023, following his mission in Suzhou, the Chairman of the China-Italy Chamber of Commerce Mr Paolo Bazzoni arrived in Shanghai to meet the Consul General of Italy Ms Tiziana D'Angelo, to visit some Italian companies operating in the municipality and to participate with Board Members and staff in the monthly area meeting dedicated to the East China region.
Upon his arrival in Shanghai, Chairman Bazzoni had an informal meeting with the Consul General of Italy Ms Tiziana D'Angelo to plan future key initiatives of the Sistema Italia in East China.
The next day, January 11th, opened with a meeting between Chairman Bazzoni and Mr Pietro Luigi Ghigo, Head of Commercial at Lavazza, at one of the most beautiful flagship stores of the well-known coffee brand present in Shanghai. Chairman Bazzoni and Mr Ghigo discussed Lavazza's new plans in China, as well as how to better support the company's next steps on the market.
Afterwards, the CICC held its area meeting with the Board Members of the Yangtze River Delta and the office management. The meeting, held as usual at the CICC office in Shanghai, was attended in person by the Chairman Paolo Bazzoni, the Vice President for East China Mr Gaetano Cantalupo, and the Board Members for East China Ms Giada Piccinini, Mr Ermanno Vitali and Mr Giacomo Bove. The Secretary General Mr Renzo Isler and the Treasurer Mr Lorenzo Riccardi attended remotely.
2022 ended with promising data, which confirm the positive trend shown by the CICC in the East China region: last year saw an increase in the membership base of the area, reaching a number of members equal to 349 (compared to 329 in 2021); 59 organized activities, many of which in a hybrid format to support our companies unable to travel due to reduced mobility.
The 2023 guidelines for the CICC in East China will be in line with the strategic action pursued by our Chamber thus far:
1. Actively support companies in the area through concrete and more qualitative services and activities, by continuing to create monthly networking opportunities, offering insights on business forecasts with high-level experts and re-proposing, after a long wait, one of our flagship events: the Panda d'Oro Awarding Ceremony;
2. Act in close synergy with the Embassy of Italy, the Consulate General, and the Italian Trade Agency (ITA/ICE), to increase the authority of the Sistema Italia and strengthen the competitiveness of the Italian business community. During all institutional meetings and high-level missions planned for the future, our Chamber will give voice and visibility to all members;
3. Increase the cooperation with local counterparts through roundtables with local government in Shanghai, Zhejiang and Anhui and, together with the Suzhou office, in Jiangsu. New sessions of "Italy Meets China", the series of meetings aimed at promoting Italian business through practical dialogues with local partners, will be organized in various key territories of East China. Also, cultural festivals will be organized with the support of the Consulate General of Italy in Shanghai;
4. Increase in the proactivity and effectiveness of the Working Groups: more company visits to both Italian and Chinese companies, more valuable informative activities on the most diverse sectors and topics;
5. Expand the collaboration with trade associations in Italy: through the organization of events and support for missions of Italian companies in China and vice versa.
The day in Shanghai ended with a visit by Chairman Bazzoni to the Calzedonia Group office. This is the historical brand which gives the Group its name and which represents the essence of the company’s heritage.
To welcome Chairman Bazzoni Ms Marcela Dalla Porta, Country Manager Calzedonia Group. Chairman Bazzoni and Ms Dalla Porta discussed upcoming initiatives to support the high-quality Italian lifestyle, with a focus on the next key event in Hainan: the 3rd China International Consumer Products Expo.