Shown below are the Regulations which rules the elections for the official positions for the two-year period 2016-2017:
The Elective Annual General Meeting Assembly (Elective Assembly) is called for the 8th April 2016 at 09:00 am.
The Elective Assembly will be held in Beijing, at the Auditorium dell’Istituto di Cultura, Embassy of Italia - 2 Sanlitun Dong Er Jie (北京市朝阳区三里屯东二街 2 号).
Should a sufficient number of members request it, an audio/video broadcast of the Elective Assembly in Beijing can be organised in Shanghai and/or in Canton.
Each Voting Member in the sense of the Charter (“Member”) is entitled to one vote.
Members who intend to present themselves as candidates for the corporate positions must present their own candidacy via mail at the following address firstname.lastname@example.org before the 24th of March 2016 at 12:00am.
The candidacy mail must include:
- First Name and Last name of the candidate Member
- The position for which he intends to be candidate.
- The district to which he belongs.
- The copy of the certificate of residence in China.
- The proof of being in order with the membership fee for 2016.
The Secretary General, after verifying that the election regulations’ requirements are properly fulfilled, will disclose the list of candidacies on the Chamber’s website at least ten days before the date of the Elective Assembly.
The vote may be expressed:
(a) personally in Beijing the day of the Elective Annual General Meeting Assembly with the paper ballot delivered at registration
(b) Via web, with the electronic ballot available in the relative section of the website of the Chamber from the 4th of April 2016 at 09:00 am to the 7th of April 2016 at 06:00 pm.
Each Member may give a written proxy to another Member for the vote at the Elective Assembly:
- The proxies are consigned at the moment of registration at the Elective Assembly
- For each proxy is delivered a voting ballot.
- Proxy for electronic vote are not allowed. Each Member may not hold more than three proxies.
- Two-level proxies or more are not allowed.
During the Elective Assembly the Secretary General designates three or more present members for the count of the votes and for the proclamation of the Members elected for a corporate position directly during the Elective Assembly.
 Please keep in mind that cumulative candidacies are not accepted: the Member is allowed to be candidate for only one position (President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Councillor )
 According to the article 12, subsections 3-4-5 which rules the election of the corporate positions:
- The Supporting Members can apply for the positions of President, of three  Vice-President, of Treasurer and of eight  Councillors. The candidates for President, Vice-president and Treasurer are in any case required to guarantee their presence in Beijing for the institutional tasks and for the obligations inherent to their positions.
- The candidates for the positions of Vice-President in the consular district of Shanghai and Guangzhou must be residents in the very same district.
- Each position of Councillor is reserved for the candidates residing respectively (a) in Beijing, (b) in Shanghai, (c) in Guangzhou, (d) in Suzhou and (e) in Chongqing.
It will not be possible to express votes in the places of eventual broadcast in Shanghai and/or Canton.
Be part of a network of over 600 Italian and Foreign companies in China and abroad. Obtain greater visibility through sponsorship, cooperational opportunities and advertising on the CICC's website.