Dear Members and Friends,
The China-Italy Chamber of Commerce is glad to inform you that the online meeting of the “Suzhou Chapter & Metalworking Engineering WG" was successfully held on Friday, 6th of March.
The webinar aimed at sharing the impact of COVID-19 on the Italian business in China, providing an overview on the fundamental industries as automotive, manufacturing, logistic and different perspectives directly provided from representatives of Italian Companies on what measures are being taken by industry leaders to mitigate the risks and how could companies respond to the crisis.
The Members of the Suzhou Chapter and the Metalworking Engineering WG have had the opportunity to deepen all the aspects related on how to deal with transports, customs operations, import&export difficulties, policies and case studies.
The meeting was moderated by Emanuela Vizzarro, CICC Shanghai Office Manager, who introduced the agenda and invited Riccardo Campanile, Coordinator of Suzhou Chapter, and Antonio Farese, Coordinator of Metalworking Engineering Working Group, for a welcome greetings.
The webinar continued with the following topics and speakers:
- "Company, Supply chain, Market" by Diego Pedrocchi, Chief Operating Officer - Danieli China.
- "COVID-19 impact in Automotive industry; Cost Pressure & Payments methods; Government Affair Dpt & Subsidy Management" by Federico Bonotto, President - FAIST China.
- "Coronavirus Impact on Automotive Business" by Mirko Bordiga, Managing Director - Maserati China.
- "Resumption to work and supply chain" by Lucio Bresin, Purchaising Head - Brembo Group.
- "Coronavirus Impact on Automotive Market" by Federico Bullo, General Manager - IVECO China.
- "After Covid – 19 Recovery China Textile and Textile Machinery" by Lorenzo Maffioli, Managing Director - Itema Weaving Machinery (China) Co.Ltd.
- "Air Cargo and Sea Cargo impact" by Mario Tasso, Head of Contract Logistics at JAS Forwarding (China) and CICC Logistics Working Group Coordinator.
- "New Project X-lt: purpose and activity" by Roberto Donà, Associate Dean for Corporate Engagement at XJTLU.
- "Week of Italian Mechanical Engineering in China (WIMEC)" by Antonio Farese, Coordinator Manufacturing Engineering Working Group (MEWG).
At the end, a short survey has been launched.
Among all the participants, Ludovica Murazzani, Commercial Consul of Consulate General of Italy in Shanghai, provided a brief update on the situation focusing on the Italian Institutions and Paolo Bazzoni, Bonfiglioli Drives (Shanghai) Co. Ltd and CICC Board Member, talked about the experience of Bonfiglioli in the current situation.
If you wish to receive the speakers' presentations, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be part of a network of over 600 Italian and Foreign companies in China and abroad. Obtain greater visibility through sponsorship, cooperational opportunities and advertising on the CICC's website.